Tuesday, January 12, 2010

WW Clam Chowder

I made this soup the same day I made the WW Taco Chili...it made enough for two meals...and it was YUMMY! I did have to use gluten free flour (I chose white rice flour) and I added mushrooms...but it was really good...I would definitely eat it again.

Makes 4 servings
4 tsp canola oil
2 medium all purpose potatoes, peeled and diced (I used red with skins on)
1 celery stalk finely chopped
1 onion finely chopped
1 cup water
1 cup fat free milk
1 cup fat free evap milk
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1 (10 oz) can clams, drained, reserve 1/2 cup of juice
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
2 slices bacon crisp cooked and crumbled

add oil to a medium saucepan over med heat...then add first 3 ingredients and saute until onion is translucent. Then add water to cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender about 15 minutes

in a medium bowl mix milk, evap milk and flour til smooth and add to saucepan

add in everything else (except bacon) and stir until thickens slightly...don't bring it to a boil...cook about 10 minutes. serve with crumbled bacon.

It was YUMMY...not as creamy, but a GREAT flavor. We ate it by itself the first night and then for lunches the next day...I added a grilled cheese the second day...it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment