Saturday, January 9, 2010

Facing the music...

So, today, with heavy heart I went to my WW meeting. I did it to weigh in...and officially put myself back on track with weight loss and health! I entered the door and walked up to the counter...there were so many people I recognized! It was great to be among people who struggle with weight loss...I sometimes feel like I am the only one. I told the lady at the counter it had been awhile since I had been in...and I needed to return. I took off my hat, coat, scarf, shoes and got on the scale. She asked me when was the last time I had weighed in...I said I wasn't sure but October or November...and then she said, well congratulations...you are down 5.6 lbs! Over the holidays too. I was floored. What do you mean? I asked...she said you are down 5 lbs...I asked is the scale broken? I can't believe it. She said even though I hadn't been in awhile...sometimes we still make better choices when deciding what to eat...

Well, part of me was SUPER happy...and the other part of me was sad...I am soooo happy I have lost. I know (and you know) that I haven't been eating as well as I ought. And I am sad...that I wasn't going all along...and I felt so shameful about my return.

Between you and me...I was steadily gaining from about August 20th to Oct. 31st (my last weigh in) to the tune of 2 lbs a week! EEK! So, now I am ready to head to goal. I am now 187.2 lbs and my goal weight is 175lbs...so I just have a little over 10 lbs to go. I can do this in 2010! Meal planning is up next today! I need to get my week in gear! No, my husband can't make cheesy polenta...I have to wait until I get closer to goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment