Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Slow Cooker Lasagna - YUMMY!

So...I decided to try this since my hubby is gone :( and he can't have gluten anyway...good time to try out this WW Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe. Of course I make some of my own changes...but the points should stay close! And...after a day at class...this was a yummy dinner to come home to! Now I have this for the rest of the week along with the baked potato soup I made yesterday!

1 lb uncooked lean ground beef (7% fat) and I would definitely recommend Italian turkey sausage (if you prefer)
1 small onion chopped
3 cloves garlic (org recipe 1)
28 oz canned tomatoes (I used the Italian seasoned ones)
15 oz tomato sauce
1 tsp salt (I didn't add)
1 tsp dried oregano (I added a tbsp)
1/2 tsp dried basil (I added 1 tbsp from a jar)
1/4 tsp red pepper to taste (I didn't add)
1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups part skim mozzarella shredded, divided
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
6 dry lasagna noodles, no cook

so make the sauce...brown the ground beef, saute the onion and garlic...add tomatoes and seasoning to taste

mix 1 cup ricotta with 1 cup mozzarella (I added in some Italian seasoning too)

In the crockpot, start with 1/3 sauce then noodles (break each of the 6 in half...use for layers)
then cheese, then sauce then noodles then cheese...repeat like you do...

cover crockpot and cook on low 4-6 hours...top with remaining cheese before serving

6 servings at 8 points per!

you can add mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant...etc!

I found this YUMMY after a long day...and I did indulge in a glass of red wine with it. But it was filling and satisfying!

No comments:

Post a Comment