Sunday, January 24, 2010

Meal Planning for this week...

So...my husband will be gone this week. Without him cooking, I need to find a couple easy to make recipes so I don't spend my evening cooking when I get home. I came up with two recipes. One I prepped today. That will be my first soup, the Baked Potato soup...and I can throw that together when I get home Monday night from work. Now that I have the potatoes baked and the garlic roasted...I will just need to assemble the soup...and that won't take longer than 30 minutes!

My second soup I will either do Wednesday or Thursday...and that will get me through the week. This is a favorite of mine...my husband will eat it...but he isn't a HUGE fan. So, he won't miss out on anything. It is Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup from WW

Now...if you aren't a fan of Velveeta...you may not like it. Sometimes when I can't find Velveeta I substitute...but no cheese is as creamy as Velveeta.

1 medium garlic clove minced
1 medium onion chopped
1 celery stalk chopped

put in a pan that has been sprayed with pam (or whatever) cook til tender
Spray a 3 Qt or larger slow cooker and put the veggies in ( I have also added shredded carrots to this, cook with the other veggies)

Brown 1 lb lean ground beef (93/7) pour off liquid and add to slow cooker

in a small cup combine
2 Tbsp all purpose flour (I use gluten free when I make it with Tim)
1/2 cup chicken broth
wisk til smooth and lump free

pour this into the skillet and collect any brown bits left behind by the meat and add the remaining 2 1/2 cups of broth (3 cups chicken broth needed for the recipe)

Add this to slow cooker
And then add the following
1 cup low fat evaporated milk (I use fat free)
8 oz Light Velveeta cubed (sometimes I will use reg Velveeta, just less 4-5oz)
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

cover and cook for 2 hours on low
Serve with crumbled tortilla chips (recipe calls for 24 baked low fat tortilla chips crushed)

about 3/4 cup soup per serving with 3 tbsp crushed chips (5 points!)

For ease...well maybe, I bolded the ingredients!

I have also discovered a cheeseburger casserole that is like having a cheeseburger and fries...I will post that next time I make it...also good...and similar ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment