Sunday, January 3, 2010

White Bean Chili - not a WW recipe

So here is the White Bean Chili recipe I made today...it is in its final stages on the stove...but I can tell it is going to taste AWESOME! I will give you the whole recipe...but I did half it!

Southern Living Recipe - White Bean Chili
1 med onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves
8 skinned, boneless chicken breasts

first do the onion and garlic, once translucent, add diced chicken
then add

3 cups water
1 tsp SALT
(I added 1 tsp dried cilantro)
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano

let cook 10 minutes til chicken is done

4 cans (15 oz) canellini or great northern beans (rinsed, drained and divided)
half of the beans go in a blender, add chicken broth until smooth (1 14 1/2 oz can)

add all of that to the pot and
1 16 oz bag frozen shoepeg white corn
2 (4.5 oz) cans chopped green chilies

bring to boil...once at a boil reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes

right before serving add 3 tbsp lime juice and garnish with fresh cilantro!

This makes 4 quarts...serves 8 is my guess...maybe even 10! If I had to guess on the point value of this soup...it would be 6-7 points per serving...the thing that makes it higher points is the beans...but not because they are bad for you! I will have to put this in the WW recipe builder and find out eventually! I will probably add a dollop of light sour cream to this as well!

Today I have been doing pretty good...had a few jelly bellys....maybe that wasn't too good...but overall I am doing okay! can't wait to try the chili!

No comments:

Post a Comment