Sunday, October 25, 2009

I can't poach an egg...

Well, I got up this morning to attempt Julia Child's poached eggs...she says I need FRESH eggs. I am positive I can't get THOSE at the grocery store...so I did them sunny side up instead...and they were perfection! High atop a ciabatta roll with some Muenster and Canadian bacon (American style) I had a slightly healthier and more figure friendly version of the eggs Benedict I love so much! That should hold me until Lunch!

Last night I made the most INCREDIBLE WW recipe! It was shepherd's pie...I used ground turkey instead of chicken, as the recipe called for...I also substituted some peas and carrots for the carrots...but added the spinach, corn, onion, thyme and sage (another of my alterations). It was a healthy portion and filling at 6 points per serving! I was in 7th heaven! This could easily be made vegetarian...or with beef or lamb...it was really good. I paired it with a glass of Pinot Gris...so good!

Today I tackle Julia's potato soup! I can't wait and it couldn't be a better day for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment