Monday, October 5, 2009

Chili Today!

It is a perfect time for chili! I love chili...and can eat it all week if I need to/want to. My recipe is there is no recipe. For this batch today...I browned a pound of ground beef (15% FAT)with some purple onion, and added garlic garlic, onion onion and some Northwest Fire seasoning. To that, in a crockpot I added one red pepper, one large fresh tomato, some leftover grape tomatoes, a zucchini, 6 cloves of garlic, a can of low sodium black beans, two cans of fire roasted tomatoes with garlic, Wahoo Chili Seasoning, and some Red Hot sauce...and I cooked it on low for 9 hours. YUM! Once in the bowl I added a 1/4 cup 2% sharp cheddar and a tbsp of light sour cream. Could not have tasted better. Every time I make chili I do something a little different...you need to have tomatoes, beans and garlic...but aside from that it is best made to taste. It can be vegetarian, vegan, use turkey instead or you can add a combination of meat. I have found it to be one of my favorite low point meals that really satisfies. Of course I ate some dessert pears and added a glass of syrah...but basically that was it! YUMMY! Now I have enough for me to eat all week long. I recommend this for fall or winter days when you need something comforting!

No comments:

Post a Comment