Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday snacking...

Today I have been pretty good...banana, tea and sausage for breakfast...then went on a hike. Lots of uphill...so I feel like I burned a lot! Home to have a turkey sandwich and dressing with gravy...not tons, just a little...and a leafy green salad with tomatoes on it. Of course about 4 hours later I had ANOTHER turkey sandwich with carrot sticks and dip...now I plan to have a brownie with ice cream...and then call it a day. Well, there may be some hot chocolate in my future as well! I am making Turkey stock for a soup to eat this week...the turkey carcass with as much of the meat cut off as possible in a pot with carrots, onion, garlic, peppercorns, salt, celery and then covered with cold water...brought to a boil and then simmered for 6-8 hours. Tonight it will go into the fridge, tomorrow I will scrape off the fat and add some veggies, potatoes and meat and have a soup to eat most of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment