Monday, November 2, 2009

I Love Crockpots

My Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law asked what we wanted for our anniversary...or Christmas one year...and I told Tim I wanted a new crockpot. When I first moved to WA...I didn't bring my old one...one less thing to tote and I wanted a new one with a carrier and all of that. They were surprised and as a joke added in a crock pot recipe book...and really couldn't believe I wanted one. I was SOOOOO happy we got the one I wanted. I began going through the crockpot recipes to see what I would make. As soon as we made the first recipe out of the book, we called them and thanked them. They were pleased we were pleased...but found it to be an odd request. I told them that the crockpot saves a lot of time and effort, when you aren't home to cook! Of course you can use them for parties and dips...but I use mine to make meals!

This week...Monday night (tonight) it was chicken, potatoes, carrots and onions in the crockpot, in at 9am and ate a little after 6pm. Meal was complete and YUMMY!

Tuesday night - Chicken Tortilla soup...I will put the ingredients in when I get home from work at 2pm and at 6pm when we are ready to eat dinner...soup will be done and ready to eat.

So fun, so easy and I have tons of great recipes...and yes, even figure friendly ones.

Just want to plug the crockpot!

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment