Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fun and Quick Frittata

So, my husband and I LOVE eggs.  We get fresh farm eggs from a co-worker...so we get to eat them a lot. We love quiche but the crust we make is kind of high in calories.  We have used potatoes as a crust as well.  Tonight, I asked my husband to make it without crust...he said he would look and see if he could find a recipe that he could work with.  This is what we had.

Loosely based on a Cheese-Vegetable Frittata in a WW cookbook
Serves 4
6 eggs with only 2 yolks (splash of milk)
4 slices turkey bacon (cut into pieces)
2 oz Cougar Gold Sweet Basil cheese (small shredded)
1 cup frozen spinach thawed and drained (approx)
1 cup frozen peppers (approx)
1/2 onion

He sauted the onion, peppers and bacon in an oven safe skilled sprayed with olive oil, he added the rest of the ingredients let it cook in the pan about 3-4 minutes and put the pan under the broiler on high for  about 3-4 minutes...til the eggs set.  It really doesn't take long.

I had a slice of toast with cream cheese on it and a salad of orange and kiwi...it was YUMMY!

And...I am satisfied.  It was really quite yummy and OH SO QUICK!

No comments:

Post a Comment