Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Strategies for 2010

I went walking on Sunday...it was a rainy miserable day...but what a view of the valley between the Washington border and Idaho...until we reached the dog track...then the scenery was less awesome...but while walking I talked about strategies for 2010. I won't make losing weight a resolution this year...but I do want to work on it. I was 183 in August and now I am close to if not over 200 lbs. I want to get back to that August weight. I had been doing Weight Watchers...and I feel I was pretty successful in doing it. Year one I lost 50 lbs...year two I lost 16 lbs...and now I am just not doing it at all. Starting January 2 I will attend my first WW meeting in several months...and I plan to get back on track. Mostly my goal is to be healthier. I am not sure if I will ever be THIN...in the since of looking glamorous...but as I age...and next year I turn 40...I think I should be more concerned with my body's well being. So...here is my list of strategies
  • Meal plan - I can't say enough about this...if you spend Sunday mapping out your week, you are less likely to eat just because. I pour over cookbooks and pick yummy and new recipes to try
  • Less processed foods - they just aren't good for me. Even if I am on a diet and should be eating low fat or light foods...even fat free...they really aren't good for me in the long run. I will try to avoid them!
  • One day of abandon - I will crave things...and I will write down what I am craving...one day a week I will revisit the list....and have the things I crave. It is my hope that once some time has passed, perhaps I won't crave what I wanted so much
  • More activity - I need to think how I will add more activity into my day. I need at least 30 minutes a day...and I need to get over thinking it needs to be 30 consecutive minutes...so I will do 10 minutes at a time or less if needed
  • Hiking or snowshoeing - I want to add this in as a regular occurrence. Depending on weather, I want to do a major hike every week as well...at a minimum of 4 miles and more if necessary...and if time allows...at a quick pace so I can burn and tone things!

Well, I think all of this seems reasonable! I am already thinking of what I need to do and how I will do it. The question is am I ready. Obviously my first year of WW was easier for me...I really seemed to stick with it. The second year was a series of ups and downs and it was very hard for me...and frustrating. Now, I can only hope and plan and try to make myself not love food as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment