Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thoughts about Apple Pie

So, I think this week my undoing will be apple pie.  I decided to make small, individual pies for the serving size...and then gave up and made both a regular pie and small pies.  I am not a pie eater normally.  In fact, this is a food that I have long given up.  And...if you had met me as a child the only pie I would eat was chocolate cream.  Now I love my mom's apple pie.  True I made the pie with less sugar, whole wheat flour...but I am still eating it.  But, what is life without pie?  I could have made baked apples...I could have decided to continue eating just apples.  But...I talked to my dad on the phone and he had me at light and flaky crust.  UGH!  So...here I am undoing some hard work by eating an apple pie.  I am savoring it.  And, next week, I will be back on track.  Until then, I am enjoying something I haven't eaten since last year...and I am going to be okay with it!

3 comments:

  1. That apple looks great. I love the idea of making these small pies. I think I will experiment to see if I can make almost a sugar free apple pie. Does WW have a recipe that you know of?? Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WW has a lot of apple ingredient items for dessert...I will take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a link to a WW apple pie recipe. Looks yummy...but I have never tried it!

    http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?RecipeID=65411

    ReplyDelete