Sunday, May 2, 2010

Another awesome WW recipe - Iceberg Salad!

So, I decided to try another WW recipe to go with our meal this evening.  This was in the HIT THE SPOT cookbook by WW.  It was INCREDIBLE!

Iceberg Wedges with Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
Serves 4

1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/3 cup fat-free sour cream (I used light)
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (I used reduced fat)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp black pepper (I used Mixed up pepper)
1 small head iceberg lettuce
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
12 tender watercress sprigs (I didn't use)
2 slices turkey bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled (I used reg bacon)

Combine buttermilk, sour cream, blue cheese, lemon juice and pepper in a blender and puree (you can use an immersion blender or just whisk vigorously!

Cut lettuce into equal parts, chop bacon, half tomatoes, arrange on plate

Serving is 1 lettuce wedge, 1/4 cup tomatoes, 3 watercress sprigs, 1/2 slice bacon and about 1/4 cup of dressing...YUMMY and 2 points (my alterations, 3 points)

ENJOY!  I loved it.  I would recommend making the salad dressing the day before or an hour before for the flavors to meld...and maybe a pinch of garlic salt!

No comments:

Post a Comment