Monday, March 15, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup


Today I made chicken tortilla soup...well I took a recipe inspired by a co-worker of mine and then just threw a bunch of stuff in the crockpot.


Chicken Broth (homemade either Tim or I made it)

1/2 jar of salsa (the large jar) Mine was a mix of roasted garlic salsa and chiptotle salsa

1 onion chopped

1/2 can green chilies (left over from another recipe)

left over roasted chicken (made that yesterday) used at least one and a half chicken breasts and some misc meat near the wings


2 heaping tsp of taco seasoning


Added 1 bag of southwest style frozen veggies (black beans, corn, green peppers, red peppers, etc)


Once it was done...I let it cook on low for 5 hours...smelled YUMMY

I served it with crushed baked Tostito scoops. dollop of light sour cream, some 2% Mexican blend cheese and sprinked dried cilantro on top


IT WAS YUMMY! I can't wait to eat it all week. Turns out I have no choice, I made tons!


I have also used canned tomatoes, fresh veggies, crushed red pepper, chiptotle tabasco sauce, and much much more...but this was the perfect blend of fire and yummy! Not too hot, not too mild! And, I included a picture!


Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment