Monday, September 28, 2009

Day Two

Turns out that day one...while interesting, turned out to be a failure as far as eating was concerned...so I resolved this morning that I would do better. So...Honey Nut Cheerios and a small glass of chocolate milk (to wash down the vitamins) for breakfast at 8:30am..followed by a tuna sandwich made with 45 cal bread, light mayo, tuna in water, and some sweet pickles with 100 cal pringles and a WW chocolate chip cookie and half an orange at 12:30pm I find myself in the McDs drive thru getting a MC FLURRY ?!?!??!?! okay, heard it was the last hot day of the year and was craving ice cream...at 6:30pm I am making some spaghetti squash and turkey Italian sausage sauce for the next couple of days...while I eat at 7pm a half an orange, some chicken and a sauce made of light plain yogurt, tomatoes, garlic, onion, lemon juice and cucumbers on a piece of naan...and discover that crystal light mix in lemonade tastes okay with blueberry vodka...what is wrong with me??? I guess I just don't know when to quit. But...I am pretty sure the rest of the night will be okay...with a possible small cup of hot chocolate before bed.

I discussed this with a co-worker today...what is it that makes us want to eat things we know are bad for us...things we know will only cause weight gain....and yet, we still eat them. All the while acknowledging the fact that this will not end well...I have to say I am not a bored eater, a depressed eater, or a fill in the blank eater. I tend to eat when I am hungry or when something sounds good. I do confess that when I do feel good I like to CELEBRATE with food. But I think if I could figure out WHY I eat...I think I could make some progress in the weight loss arena.

Today, weight loss =0, food = 1

No comments:

Post a Comment