Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day One - 191.6



Okay...this isn't really day one. I came to a realization about four years ago that I was definitely overweight...and something had to be done. Now...I weigh less...but continue my struggle with losing weight and generally becoming a more healthy human being. I guess I feel like time is against me (I turn 40 next year). My method of weight loss was Weight Watchers...and it has been a success. But, about three months ago I lost interest in losing...and slowly but surely I have gained nearly 10 lbs back. It is alarming how quickly the pounds can creep back on. I guess I am trying to interest myself in losing again. Maybe the blog will help. Maybe a combination of blogging, WW and just being accountable to something will help. At this point I am willing to try anything. So I will post what I looked like BEFORE...and how I look currently. I guess I should also say that I don't plan to hit my optimum BMI...but in fact will still be overweight when I hit my goal of 175lbs.




I started Weight Watchers in May of 2007. I had just moved away from my home of 13 years and was ready for a new start. I knew it would take time...and I felt like I could commit to what it took to lose the weight. I lost 50 lbs in the first year. But over the following year I only lost 14 lbs. And...that is when I started to backslide. It was like watching something outside of the situation...you know you are making poor eating choices...but you can't stop yourself. I am afraid I am slipping back into the I DON'T CARE mode...and I don't want to undo all of the hard work I have done. My starting weight was 247 lbs. Now I weigh a little over 190...and I can remember when I was happy that I had hit 189. In July of this year I weighed 183...the lowest I have weighed in a long time. And, with only 8 lbs left to goal...I felt like I could do it. Now I weigh 7 pounds more...and it is Sept 2nd. I have undone about 6 months of hard work in a matter of a month or two...it is depressing. So...I have decided to start this blog. Who knows if it will help or not. But maybe if I have a place to talk about my weaknesses and strengths I can find what will work for me to keep the weight off for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment